Saline Area Schools continues to be dedicated to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. We offer employees a wide range of benefits, some of which you receive automatically, while others are optional.
Please remember, you cannot make changes to benefit elections unless you experience a qualifying life event (marriage, birth of child, divorce, etc). All qualifying life events must be reported to Human Resources within 30 days of the event date. Requests for change which are submitted more than 30 days after the event date will not be processed until the next open enrollment period. You will have an opportunity each year during open enrollment to make benefit election changes.
- All SAS Administrators, Teachers, Support Staff, Unaffiliated, Community Education staff working a minimum of 30 hours per week are eligible for healthcare benefits through MESSA.
- All SAS employees are eligible for voluntary benefits.
- All SAS employees working 20-29 hours/week.
Benefits Start Date (for eligible New Hires)
- Administrators & Unaffiliated: 1st day of the month coinciding with or next following date of hire.
- Teachers: Date of Hire (if hired over the summer- benefits begin September 1)
- Support Staff: 1st day of the month following completion of 60 work days.
You have 30 days before and 30 days after to online enroll. The sooner you enroll, the sooner you'll receive your insurance cards!
Who You Can Cover
- Legal Spouse
- Natural Child(ren)
- Legally Adopted Child(ren)
- Child(ren) placed in your home for legal adoption
- Child(ren) over whom you have legal guardianship
Dependent children are eligible for medical coverage through the end of the year in which they turn 26.
Benefit Options & Carriers:
MESSA "PAK" Benefits:
- Medical Coverage: MESSA- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental Coverage: Delta Dental
- Vision Coverage: Vision Service Provider (VSP)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Accident Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Legal & ID Protection Coverage
MESSA "PAK" Summaries By Benefit Group (See Benefit Guide for Cost Structure)
Additional MESSA Resources: